Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thank You Summer!!





For the festival and fairies and time enough outside. For dirt that covers Little Sprout and siblings side by side.

For four generations together... at church and on a hill
Tranquil, peaceful setting... except for Little Sprout's will.
 
 For Colorado swimming...some time spent on the side
It is what I remember from my summers spent outside.
 
For hail storms to run through... and helmets for the boys
For girls who scream...excited...no need for store-bought toys.
For slip n' slide and barbecue, for playing in the sun
There is nothing quite as joyful as simple, summer fun.

For random fruit to climb upon, and walls too steep for some
For swings that are the joy of youth... for never-ending sun.


 
For all of this I'm grateful... for all of this I smile
Summer... I am glad you're here, and I hope you'll stay a while.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! So many little things everyday to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your first draft!!!!! Great summer photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great photos!! I hope you're having a good summer, it all went by so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts to this blog.